Analysis of Impaired Functions and Disability Due to Diseases of the Blood and Hematopoietic Organs with Regard to the Need for Rehabilitative Measures
1 Irina V. Fedorova, 2 Natalya S. Zapariy, 1 Anastasia G. Samusenko, 2,4 Denis D. Bolotov, 3 Elizaveta S. Koneva
1 Main Bureau of Medical and Social Expertise in Moscow. Moscow, Russian Federation
2 Federal Bureau of Medical and Social Expertise, Moscow, Russian Federation
3 I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Moscow, Russian Federation
4 Russian Medical Academy of Continuing Vocational Education, Moscow, Russian Federation
Diseases of the blood and hematopoietic organs are one of the urgent medical and social problems. The eff ectiveness of the rehabilitationmeasures carried out depends on their compliance with functional disorders and the degree of disability associated with them.Aim. To study the dysfunction of the disabled person’s body and, based on them, to assess the limitation of vital activity and the degreeof their severity.Material and methods. The study was generated in xlsx format and uploaded to the environment for statistical data analysis (https:www.r.project.org) using methods: documentary, data copying (184 units). Data processing and analysis were performed using scripts.For continuous normally distributed variables, the average value, the standard deviation, were calculated when comparing two groups ofstudies — the t–criterion, when comparing several groups — the ANOVA. Medians, 1st and 3rd quartiles were calculated for continuousabnormally distributed variables, and when comparing groups, the Kruskall- Wallis criterion was used. Absolute and relative frequencieswere calculated for categorical variables, and when checking the conjugacy tables of 2x2 sizes, the Chi-square criterion or the Fishercriterion was used. Spearman’s rank correlation index was calculated for each pair of categorical variables. The signifi cance level whentesting statistical hypotheses was assumed to be 0.05.Results. It was found that in patients with blood and hematopoietic organs diseases, the greatest proportion in the structure of impairedfunctions were violations of the functions of the blood system and immunity, cardiovascular system, neuromuscular, skeletal andmovement- related (statodynamic) and total functions, the severity of which, as a rule, was moderate. In the structure of restrictions ofvital activity, the following restrictions of vital activity were determined: self-service abilities of the 1st degree, self-locomotion of the1st degree and work activity of the 1st degree.Conclusion. Expert- rehabilitation diagnostics based on samples of diff erent numbers and nosology among persons who have passedexamination at the ITU bureau, allows us to form an idea of the amount of rehabilitation measures required for them, including in theconditions of assessment according to the requirements of the International Classifi cation of Disorders, Disability and Social Insuffi ciency.The expert- statistical assessment of this contingent of disabled people allows us to predict the volume of examinations, to assumea prognosis for the course of diseases and to plan the volume of medical and rehabilitation care.
Keywords: disability, impaired functions, physical dysfunction, blood diseases, age group
For citation: Fedorova I.V., Zapariy N.S., Samusenko A.G., Bolotov D.D., Koneva E.S. Analysis of Impaired Functions and Disability Due to Diseases of the Blood and Hematopoietic Organs with Regard to the Need for Rehabilitative Measures. Bulletin of Rehabilitation Medicine. 2022; 21 (1):114-125. https://doi.org/10.38025/2078-1962-2022-21-1-114-125
- Bronnikov V. A. Sklyannaya K. A. Kompleksnaya reabilitaciya s pozicii Mezhdunarodnoj klassifi kacii funkcionirovaniya, ogranichenij zhiznedeya- tel’nosti i zdorov’ya. Materialy NPK «Dostupnaya sreda. Aspekty vtorogo plana» [Comprehensive rehabilitation from the standpoint of the Interna- tional Classifi cation of Functioning, Disabilities and Health. Materials of NPK Accessible Environment. Aspects of the second plan]. Novokuznetsk. 2015: 6–7 (In Russ.).
- Vladimirova O. N., Afonina K. P., Ponomarenko G. N. Organizaciya sistemy kompleksnoj reabilitacii v Rossijskoj Federacii na osnove izucheniya po- trebnostej invalidov [Organization of a system of complex rehabilitation in the Russian Federation based on the study of the needs of disabled people]. Medicine in Kuzbass. 2018; (4): 20–27 (In Russ.).
- Vladimirova O. N., Shoshmin A. V., Malkova S. V. Nacional’nye standarty v kompleksnoj reabilitacii i abilitacii invalidov [National standards in the complex rehabilitation and habilitation of disabled people]. Bulletin of the All- Russian Society of Specialists in Medical and Social Rehabilitation and the Rehabilitation Industry. 2019; (4): 18–29 (In Russ.).
- Ponomarenko G. N. Nauchnaya platforma sovremennoj reabilitacii [Scientifi c platform of modern rehabilitation]. Rehabilitation. 2017; (3): 16–19 (In Russ.).
- Cieza A., Causey K., Kamenov K., Hanson S. W., Chatterji S., Vos T. Global estimates of the need for rehabilitation based on the Glob- al Burden of Disease study 2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019. Lancet. 2020; 396(10267): 2006–2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(20)32340-0
- Ginis K. A.M., van der Ploeg H. P., Foster C., Lai B., McBride C.B., Ng K., Pratt M. I., Shirazipour C. H., Smith B., Vásquez P. M., Heath G. W. Par- ticipation of people living with disabilities in physical activity: a global perspective. Lancet. 2021; 398(10298): 443–455. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(21)01164-8
- Puzin S. N., Memetov S. S., Shurgaya M. A. Invalidnost’ v XXI veke. Sostoyanie problemy mediko- social’noj reabilitacii i abilitacii invalidov v sovre- mennoj Rossii [Disability in the XXI century. State of the problem of medical and social rehabilitation and habilitation of disabled people in mod- ern Russia]. Medico-Social Expertise and Rehabilitation. 2018; 21(1–2): 10–17 (In Russ.).
- Puzin S. N., Shurgaya M. A., Memetov S. S. Sovershenstvovanie mediko- social’noj pomoshchi licam pozhilogo vozrasta [Improving medical and so- cial care for the elderly]. Bulletin of the All- Russian Society of Specialists in Medical and Social Expertise, Rehabilitation and the Rehabilitation Industry. 2018; (1): 25–28 (In Russ.).
- Iksanov Kh.V., Bykovskaya T. Yu., Mukhamatdinov R. R. Mezhdunarodnaya klassifi kaciya funkcionirovaniya, ogranichenij zhiznedeyatel’nosti i zdor- ov’ya. Prioritetnaya osnova razrabotki i realizacii reabilitacionnyh meropriyatij [International classifi cation of functioning, limitations of life and health. Priority basis for the development and implementation of rehabilitation measures]. Bulletin of the All-R ussian Society of Specialists in Medi- cal and Social Expertise, Rehabilitation and the Rehabilitation Industry. 2018; (1): 15–24 (In Russ.).
- Stucki G., Bickenbach J. Functioning: the third health indicator in the health system and the key indicator for rehabilitation. European Journal Phys- ical and Rehabilitation Medicine. 2017; (53): 134–138. https://doi.org/10.23736/S1973-9087.17.04565-8
- Dmitriev V. N., Andreeva N. A., Urusova M. A. Zabolevaemost’ vzroslogo naseleniya Rossijskoj Federacii po klassam boleznej v dinamike za 2010– 2018 gg. [Incidence of the adult population of the Russian Federation by disease classes in dynamics for 2010–2018]. Medico- Social Problems of Disability. 2020; (2): 27–32 (In Russ.).
- Medic V. A., Osipov A. M. Obshchestvennoe zdorov’e i zdravoohranenie: mediko- sociologicheskij analiz. [Public health and health care: medical and sociological analysis]. Moscow. IC RIOR. INFRA. 2012: 358 p. (In Russ.).
- Starodubov V. I. Sostoyanie zdorov’ya naseleniya i perspektivy razvitiya zdravoohraneniya v Rossii [The state of health of the population and pros- pects for the development of health care in Russia] [Electronic resource]. Innovative Healthcare Development. 2013: 125–142 (In Russ.).
- Sheshunova R. A. Rasprostranennost’ boleznej krovi sredi vzroslogo naseleniya i organizaciya gematologicheskoj pomoshchi [The prevalence of blood diseases among the adult population and the organization of hematological care]. Postgraduate Bulletin of the Volga Region. 2017; 17(1–2): 204–209 (In Russ.).
- Ivanova G. E. Medicinskaya reabilitaciya v Rossii. Perspektivy razvitiya [Medical rehabilitation in Russia. Development prospects]. Consilium Medi- cum. 2016: (13): 9–13 (In Russ.).
- Grund S., Gordon A. L., van Balen R. European consensus on core principles and future priorities for geriatric rehabilitation: consensus statement.
- European Geriatric Medicine. 2020: 233–238. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41999-019-00274-1
- Kostanjsek N. Use of The International Classifi cation of Fuctioning, Disability and Health (ICF) as a conceptual framework and common language for disability statistics and health information systems. BMS Public Health. 2016; 11(4): 3 p.
- World Health Organization. The need to scale up rehabilitation. In rehabilitation 2030: a call for action. Available at: http://who.int/ageing/global- strategy/en/ World Health Organization: Geneva. Switzerland. 2017.
The content is available under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.